Foster Care Counts improves the lives of youth in foster care and ensures they thrive. We partner with care and advocacy organizations to address the gaps in service and impediments to success and target ways to boost outcomes. Together, we ignite initiatives to empower foster youth, improve access to valuable resources, and incite change on their behalf. Join Us.
In 2012, Jeanne and Tony Pritzker, along with a group of friends, founded Foster Care Counts with the goal of building a community of dedicated volunteers and corporate partners to make the needs of foster youth a priority. Jeanne realized quickly from the inaugural Foster Mother’s Day event in 2012 that there were so many community volunteers looking to help foster families and foster youth emancipating from the system and so as the community of dedicated volunteers grew each year, so did their awareness of the needs of foster youth and their collective desire to do more to help beyond that one day every year. However, how to help and what to do seemed unclear, complicated and typically deterred people from getting involved. This is why Foster Care Counts was founded to raise awareness and funds to support the many non-profit organizations in Los Angeles doing important work in support of foster youth and families.
Board of Directors & Team
Board Chair & President
Secretary & Treasurer
Our Supporters That Make Foster Care Count!
These are the companies and organizations that champion the foster care cause within our community.
Thanks to our friends at Banc of California for supporting financial literacy with foster youth
Community Partners / Agencies
We partner with proven leaders in the foster care community to amplify outcomes for the most promising programs across the focus areas of education, technology, employment and community-building.
- Los Angeles City College Guardian Scholars
- Los Angeles County Dept of Children and Family Services
- Los Angeles Opportunity Youth Collaborative
- Los Angeles Trade Tech College Guardian Scholars
- One Simple Wish
- Phoenix House Academy of Los Angeles
- Project Glimmer
- Right Way Foundation
- Sense of Home
- Shields for Families
- UCLA Bruin Guardian Scholars
- UCLA Nathenson Family Resilience Center
- UCLA TIES for Families
- United Friends of the Children
- Vista del Mar
- Westside Children’s Center
- Alliance for Children’s Rights
- The Alliance Mentorship Program
- A Home Within
- A Sense of Home
- Aviva Family and Children’s Services
- The Book Foundation
- California Youth Connection
- Children’s Action Network
- Children’s Bureau
- Children’s Law Center
- Children’s Trust Fund
- Fostering Media Connections
- Gateways Hospital and Mental Health Center
- Hope in a Suitcase